Friday, March 13, 2009

Last ultrasound before we met Caleb



The morning this u/s was taken I had prayed to God to please help me with the decsion on a csection or a vbac. I was already over 41 weeks & so torn on what to do. My Dr. wanted a vbac bc his concern was me being in the hospital longer w/out my baby (what we thought would happen). I also wanted another opportunity to see our son...it may be our last to see him alive. Once again you can hear the conversations between me & the Dr. on Caleb's condition. After the u/s the Dr. came out & said he's measuring about 6lbs 5 oz!! We laughed & cried bc that is pretty big for a t18. Then he said he was pretty comfortable w/a csection so let's schedule it. At 43 wks we met our beautiful son, Caleb. He was 6 lbs 5 oz. I'm so glad our Dr. allowed us to video tape our ultrasounds. I would encourage families to do the same..they are cherished moments of a precious life.

1 comment:

  1. I noticed that this ultra sound was made on March 13, 2009, exactly one week before Caleb was born. Thanks for sharing it, Jeannette.

    ReplyDelete