Friday, March 20, 2009

The day we finally met our little angel

It is almost 6 am. I'm 43 weeks pregnant. We are on our way to the hospital. Didn't sleep very well, really anxious. Scared of what is to come. Really tired emotionally. There is almost a peace about this day. I can't wait to see my little angel's face. We are still praying for a miracle. God will show us His Will soon. I'm ready...I think.

Family, friends, Pastor Mike, have all shown up to be with us. It is wonderful having everyone here. I was suppose to go in at 9 am. But didn't, it was more like 11:30. I was terrified, but the medical staff was fabulous.

I didn't want any medication that would make me sleepy, I wanted to be totally awake, I didn't know how much time I would have. The anesthesiologist kept asking if I wanted anything to help me relax when we were getting started. I think I was making him crazy or he was worried about what was about to happen. The drape was up, I couldn't see anything except for Steven's face. I started to have chest pains...very painful. The anesthesiologist said it is time to have something. It was to just take the edge off. I then heard something crinkly. I asked what that is. The Dr. said it was them cutting..I said, they started..she said we are almost done. The breath was taken right out of me. I started crying and looked at Steven. We held hands. Then I just saw Steven's face fill with tears. Then I heard an amazing son cried. I told Steven to go with him. I'd be ok. He came back & said he is wonderful, he peed on the nurse! I asked how he looked...he smiled and said he is perfect...he has an extra thumb. The medication started to wipe me out. The next thing I new they put us in a room to recover and all my friends and family were able to be there. The hospital was so wonderful in accomodating us. Immediately after getting into the room, Pastor Mike performed the Baptism. It was beautiful. Shortly after Wendy took amazing pictures of Caleb. She was given a room to do the pictures.

I tried to nurse but Caleb wasn't able to latch on. It was too difficult and he was hungry. So they put a tube in his nose that went into his stomach to feed. An ng tube. Now he can rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment