Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The day we thought Caleb was going Home


Steven, me, my mom & Devin were having lunch. I looked over at Steven, he was with the baby. I could tell something was wrong. I asked him if everything was ok, he just shook his head no. My heart sank. I ran over to him and we headed to the bedroom where the oxygen was. Caleb was lifeless and gray. We immediately started oxygen and stimulation. Nothing was working. Devin walked in like he was a pro at this and asked where the phone is bc he needs to call Pa (my dad). We called Hospice and our nurse Stephanie came by. She is wonderful. After some time Stephanie said it is time to pray and we asked if we should be calling our family to come over. She said yes. His breathing and heart rate had changed. There is no way to explain how I was feeling. I just layed next to my son and begged for him to not go...to fight. It has been several hours now. Family & friends came by and sat with us. He continued to go up and done...but never was there a period where he responded. He was just limp. As the day went on Stephanie said that I need to tell him it's ok. He is so tired. I just couldn't seem to pull it all together. I kissed his little face and told him that mommy loves him and that I would be ok...that it is ok to go Home. We called Pastor Mike and he and an Elder, Bob came by. It was about 7:30 PM. Shortly after they got there, Caleb decided to turn pink again and start moving. Praise the Lord! I told them they had to stay the night :) We were all exhausted but so incredibly elated that we had our little Caleb back.

No comments:

Post a Comment