Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve



We went to Christmas Eve Service tonight. I was recalling that this time last year we had just recently found out about Caleb having trisomy 18. We couldn't hold back the tears during the service. Our hearts were broken thinking we would not be able to have our son to hold. This year we were crying because we are overcome with so much joy. We are so blessed to be celebrating Christmas with our son Caleb and for his brothers to be able to create such priceless memories with him. I cannot thank God enough for the wonderful gift he has given us...each and every day. After church some family came by and we opened gifts. Before going to bed the boys put out some reindeer nip, & cookies & milk for Santa. We heard Santas bells and quietly looked out the bedroom door. Santa (f-i-l) put out gifts and with a ho ho ho went on his way. Now I am ready for bed....I'm sure it wont be too long before I'm awaken by excited little ones. Merry Christmas to all!

2 comments:

  1. I'm thankful that the tears you shed this Christmas were tears of joy. I'm also thankful that Caleb was here for us to celebrate his first Christmas. Praise the Lord! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I am so glad that I found your blog! My name is Gilianny Nickerson and I met you in the NICU at Shands, my baby boy was right next to your baby for couple of nights.
    We had a chance to talk to you and your husband and at the time we didn`t know what our baby had. We now know that he has Trisomy 13.

    We also have been blessed with a great nine months with our boy, and had our first christmas with him this year.

    We have a page for him on this website if you want to visit it: http://www.livingwithtrisomy13.org/AlbumNoah.htm

    We are currently in Micanopy, but spend part of the year in Brazil where we work as missionaries.

    We are praying for Caleb... it is great to see that he is doing so well! If you want to get in touch with us while we are here in the US our phone number is (352) 466-1162 and our email is tory10@gmail.com.

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete